Information We Collect
When you visit our Site, we will learn certain information about you and we may request information about you in certain circumstances and collect certain information automatically.
We may collect and/or receive the following types of information from you:
1. Information you provided voluntarily, including information you provide to us via the Site or on our social media or similar sites, and feedback or other information you may email to us or provide on telephone calls with us. Information you provide on our social media or similar sites, will also be available to and be able to be seen by other users of such sites.
2. Personal Information. You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information including your name, address, email address and phone number when you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a program or service, or purchase a product or service. You may be asked to provide additional personal information in connection with the submission of an application for employment or to volunteer and to provide payment information in connection with any donation. In addition, we may track certain information about the programs and events you attend and services you access and your preferences.
How to Access Your Personal Information
If you have provided personal or other voluntarily provided information, you may access, review and make changes to it by contacting us. To manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any related email from the BCRD. Emails related to the purchase or delivery of programs or services are provided automatically – you are not able to opt-out of transactional emails. We will try to accommodate any requests related to the management of personal information in a timely manner. However, it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases (for example, if we have a legal obligation to keep it for certain timeframes).
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the collected information to:
● present you with information through our Site and email services;
● provide our services, process requests, and administer our programs;
● provide updates, notices and changes to program schedules;
● deliver our newsletter;
● maintain and improve our Site;
● respond to your requests and questions, including in response to any problems that may arise, such as difficulties in navigating our Site or accessing certain features;
● solicit your feedback, and to inform you about our programs, services and events;
● improve our services or offerings;
● if applicable, process any donations;
● if applicable, process and make determinations about any employment or volunteer applications; and/or
● fulfill our legal or contractual obligations to you.
We do not sell your information to anyone.
We may share the information collected with agents and third-parties participating in administering our programs, events or services, and those providing business functions such as technical support, legal support, marketing assistance, etc. These businesses will only have access to information as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
Use Caution When Sharing Information Online
When you voluntarily make your personal information available online – including in classes, via email, on social media, or via telephone calls or conferences – that information can be viewed, saved, collected, heard, and/or used by others outside of the BCRD. We are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of information provided in these contexts. Please be mindful whenever you share any information online.
Security of Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Please remember, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we attempt to take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect your data and information from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access or inadvertent disclosure, unfortunately no network, server, database, data or email transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure or error free. As a result, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us or posted on the Site, so you do so at your own risk and should take care in deciding what information you elect to send electronically or post.
We are strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Site. If you are under 13, please do not give us any personal information or further access or use the Site. We encourage all parents to talk to their children about online safety and to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will take reasonable efforts to identify and delete that information from our databases.
In addition to the rights described above, you may request your information be updated or deleted. If at any point you want us to update or delete the information we have about you, you can contact us. Depending on the laws where you live, we may not be legally required to comply with your request, so we will evaluate requests on a case-by-case basis.
If required by the laws where you live, you may have the right to block or suppress processing of your data and you may have the right to data portability.
Generally, no one is obligated to share either personal data or automatic or technical data. However, if you elect not to do so, we may be unable to provide programs or services, to grant access to our programs and other materials or sites, or to give you access to every feature and functionality of our Site, programs, services and social media or similar sites.
Please be assured that it’s the policy of the BCRD not to disclose your personal information or information from your financial institution to any other organization or business unless ordered to do so by a legal court order. We do not sell, rent or loan our mailing list to any other entity.
The information you provide, such as your email address and telephone number is used only within the BCRD to ensure accurate, timely processing of transactions and/or donations. We keep everything confidential and will remove any information from our files at your request.